Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
um um is offline

Default Excel 2000 calling functions in C++

Hello,

I am looking for a way to call a function from within Excel, like

@myfunc(B1:D10, E1)

which executes a C++-based function (potentially dll or COM) which passes
the cell range i.e B1:D10, as well as the location where to store the result
of myfunc, i.e. E1. Subsequently the myfunc in the dll does it's math magic
and passes the result back to the spreadsheet into cell E1.

This can't be too difficult, except all the samples I see are VBA based. I
also downloaded the COMAddin sample which is C++-based, but I can't seem to
get the pointer to a range of cells which I marked prior to clicking the
MyCommandBar button in the spreadsheet.

I have spent a lot of time in searches and I am getting frustrated about
this.

Does anyone have a good pointer to a sample or a sample which I could
dissect and use as a basis to start my project from? No VBA please!!!

Thank you much in advance!

um