Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Samuele Armondi Samuele Armondi is offline

Default Trying to edit data in other cells from a formula

Hi everyone,
I've run into a problem with the fact that an UDF can't edit anything
apart from the cell it was called from. I'm developing a wages spreadsheet,
something like this:
NAME | RATE |STD HRS |ACTUAL HRS|PAY | where PAY =
CalculatePay()

I have a function called CalculatePay, and if the actual hours are less
than they should be it asks for a reason and updates another sheet in the
workbook. This is where I run into problems, as I can't modify the cells.
Can anyone suggest another approach?
TIA
S. Armondi

--
To contact me by email, remove _NOSPAM_ from the address.