Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default logistics of application and procedures

Hi
sorry. As I use Ron's add-in and we had a private discussion about
removing the code prior to mailing I assumed that this code snippet was
also available on his site. So either Ron will post some example code
or have a look at the following site for the genral principles of
deleting code programmatically:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

JMay wrote:
Just visited below referenced site, scrolled-down and didn't see
specifically
what you suggested I should see.. where and how do I see how he is
"removing code" from the workbooks, or add-in workbook (Is it
available to be opened?, that is not password protected)?
Thanks for your help Frank...

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
have a look at Ron's side. His add-in also removes code from the
sheets:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

JMay wrote:
I am providing templates for the employees in the office.
Each of their files(which acts as a template for them to

continually
use, example jmaytimesheet.xls it contains:

Dim Ans As Integer
Ans = MsgBox("Is your Timesheet complete and ready" & vbLf &
"for Submission to the Payroll Office?" & vbLf & "Answering No will
Save it for Further" & vbLf & "Input the Next time you return",
vbYesNoCancel, "Your Timesheet Status")
If Ans = vbYes Then
SendToProcessing
If Ans = vbNo Then ThisWorkbook.Save

and

Sub SendToProcessing()
Dim PEDate As String
Dim ECode As String
Dim SFolder As String
PEDate = Format(Range("H2"), "mmddyyyy") ' H2 = 5/28/04

as
example ECode = Range("C4").Value 'C4 = MAYJ as example
ChDir "C:\My Documents\Paymaster\PRBackUp\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs PEDate & ECode & ".xls"
End Sub

All files contained in C:\My Documents\Paymaster\PRBackUp \are to

be
e-mailed to
the person that preapres the Payroll every two weeks. When the
Payroll person opens
each file and Prints it out for their records << which is OK But
when they try and close
each one the Workbook_BeforeClose macro runs.

How can I remove this from the files that have been Saved as
052804MAYJ.xls so that
this situation doesn't occur? Any other advice you see let me

know?
Tks in Advance,