CLR

Save your data and use a copy for this exercize...........
Assuming you don't actually have any leading zeros.........
Highlight your column with the phone numbers and do Edit Replace in the
"Find what:" box type just a period in the "Replace with:" box leave it
blank press the Replace All button...........

Then, highlight the column again and do Right-click Format cells
NumberTab Special and choose "Phone Number" in the "Type:" window OK

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Janice" wrote in message
How can I change the format of my phone number from 000.000.0000 to one

with
parenthesis like (000)000-0000. Thanks!