Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deleteing Duplicate Rows???

James,

Here is a very quick way of doing it

Sub filterData()
Dim cRows As Long
Dim rng As Range
Dim testFormula As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Columns("G:G").Insert
Rows(1).Insert
Cells(1, "G").Value = "Temp"

With ActiveSheet
cRows = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row
testFormula = "=IF(COUNTIF(F$2:F2,F2)1,""Y"" ,"""")"
'create a test formula
.Cells(2, "G").Formula = testFormula
'copy the formula down all rows
.Cells(2, "G").AutoFill Destination:=.Range(.Cells(2, "G"), _
.Cells(cRows, "G"))
Set rng = .Range("G:G")
rng.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Y"

End With

rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Dele te

Columns("G:G").Delete

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"James" wrote in message
Hi Experts

I have a excel sheet of over 5000 rows of data (I get a
differnt one every week). Is their a way to delete a
duplicate, triplicate etc (it could have unlimited number
of same data) based on Value in Column A. i.e Value in
Column A are determining factor in deciding which row
should be considered duplicate.
I would ike to achieve this totaly through VBA in Excel
2002. I would appricate in your help if its possible.

Thanks a lot
James