Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FxM[_2_] FxM[_2_] is offline

Default Calculate Time

Hi Tamara,

=TEXT( XXX , "hh:mm:ss") is only a way to show differently XXX.
In first case, XXX is a difference. In second, H2:H9 is a group of
cells. But what Excel needs to do with this group to give a result ?

You indicated to search for a total :
Does =TEXT(sum(H2:H9), "hh:mm:ss") answer your wish ?

@+
FxM

Tamara a écrit :
If this function works: =TEXT(F9-E9, "hh:mm:ss"), why doesn't this:
=TEXT(H2:H9, "hh:mm:ss")? I have a form enter start and end times. In
another column I use the first function above to calculate the elapsed
time. I would like to total that column in hh:mm:ss format. How do I
do this?