Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lorraine[_2_] Lorraine[_2_] is offline

Default help needed with macro

Hi

I am trying to create a macro for a report that gets
generated regularly from an asset tracking program. It
returns a list with a column for UIC code, a column for
location issued from and one for location issued to plus
a date issued column. So you might have one item issued
out from A to B, then the same item returned from B to A
on a different line. Here's the dilemma, for accounting
purposes I need to track how many days each item was out;
not sure how to do this when it would have to refer to 2
different lines and the second problem is that some items
only went out and didn't come back and so if I sort by
uic, I get two lines for most items but one line for a
few, it also has to track those items that only went out
and didn't come back . Not sure if this is possible but
would sure appreciate any assistance.