Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Worsheet Name Change Based on cell's value

Hi
you should disable event before changing the worksheet name as this
could cause also a new worksheet_claculate event

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

steveB wrote:
You can use the worksheet calculate event:
Note that I had to qualify the sheet with an index number.
Also made provision if K5 = 0

''''''''''''''''''''''
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Sheets(3).Range("K5") < 0 Then
If Sheets(3).Name < Sheets(3).Range("K5") Then
Sheets(3).Name = Range("K5")
'''''''''''''''''''''''''
hth

"nuver " wrote in message
Hello
I want to automatically change the name of a worksheet based on the
value of cell K5 when the value of cell K5 changes. I currently have
cell K5 refering to the value of a cell in another Worksheet. Is
there a way to automatically rename a sheet based on the formula
result of a cell within that worksheet?

Thank you
Edward

---