Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Always Learning Always Learning is offline

Default Formula needed

Hi There,

I Think Bob has had a hard day.

Missed a closing bracket and speach marks around the word "Blank"
=IF(LEN(A1)=LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-E3",""),BLANK,A1)

=IF(LEN(A1)=LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-E3","")),"BLANK",A1)

All the Best,

steve Wilson.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"JUAN" wrote in message
Hello,
trying to find a formula. I have the following:
COLUMN A
TEST-T1
TEST-TI-E3
I would like to put in Column B the word BLANK or
something if the part does not contain the ending of -E3,
but if it contains the -E3, then put that part there.
Here's what should look like
COLUMN A COLUMN B
TEST-T1 BLANK
TEST-TI-E3 TEST-TI-E3
basically if part in Column A doesn't have the -E3, then
in B put blank but if a part includes that then put that
part
Please provide any help.
Thank you,
Juan