Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Excel XP won't run XLA properly

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
That is what I am suggesting as a reason for putting xla files in XLStart.

Hi Bob,

But no auto-loaded workbooks are opened, whether they're in the XLStart
directory or specified by the Tools/Add-ins menu. That makes that XLStart
directory a bad choice for the location of a third-party add-in as opposed
to the Tools/Add-ins menu because the former doesn't give the user the
option of deciding whether the add-in gets loaded.

Of course if you're trying to force the user to open a workbook every
time Excel starts....Excel macro viruses made great use of the XLStart
directory for this purpose. <g

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals