Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel XP won't run XLA properly

Rob,

That is what I am suggesting as a reason for putting xla files in XLStart.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Rob Bovey" wrote in message
"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

"Charles Williams" wrote in message

I dont know why people use XLSTART for installing addins. Try

suggesting
Goldmine that it would be better if they use their Installer to copy

the
XLA
to their install directory and set the appropriate registry keys.

Maybe because the xla is not invoked when Excel is run in Automation ?

Wouldn't make any difference. Files in the XLStart folder aren't

loaded
when Excel is run via automation either.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals