Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David Hall[_2_] David Hall[_2_] is offline

Default User Name / Computer Name

Hi

I would like to setup a macro within Excel that checks
who / which computer is using a particular Excel Doc.

I know of the Excel VBA command: Application.UserName
However this only seems to get the user name for the Excel
application.

Is there a command that gets the computer's "name" ?

I use Excel 2003, and I am trying to find a way of
limiting the use of a particular Excel Doc to certain
users. These users may find it is easy to change the Excel
user name, however they are unable to change their
computer's name.

Many thanks for your input and comments

David Hall