Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sameerce[_16_] sameerce[_16_] is offline

Default Making certain cells editable after protecting the sheet

Hi,

I have a Excel VBA application where on click of a command button ne
cells are inserted at predefined positions and the cells below ar
pushed down. I want to apply protection on the sheet such that the row
that are present earlier (i.e. before button click) are uneditable an
the new row that is inserted on each button click is only editable.

I know that this is possible when one knows the rows that are to b
marked as editable by ToolsProtectionAllow Users to Edit ranges.

Is there a way to do this programatically, such that the new ro
inserted is only editable and the remaining ones are still uneditable?

Thanks,
Samee