Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Darius Blaszijk Darius Blaszijk is offline

Default LinEst function

Hello,

I would like to use the linest function in a macro of mine. I have actually
got it working (example added below). The only problem is that when I
increase the size of x (input data) I get a 1004 error. Doesn't make sense
to me. Is there a limit on the number of parameters that the function can
handle?? Is there anybody that has done a "least squares" macro themselves
that can handle big amounts of data (more than 100 input columns or so)?

Kind regards, Darius Blaszijk

Option Base 1
Sub Test()

Dim y(11, 1) As Double
Dim x(11, 4) As Double

For i = 1 To 11
y(i, 1) = ActiveSheet.Cells(i + 1, 5)
Next i

For c = 1 To 4
For r = 1 To 11
x(r, c) = ActiveSheet.Cells(r + 1, c)
Next r
Next c

t = Application.WorksheetFunction.LinEst(y, x, True, True)

For i = 4 To 1 Step -1
ActiveSheet.Cells(17, i) = t(1, 5 - i)
Next i
ActiveSheet.Cells(17, 5) = t(1, 5)