Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Robinson Paul Robinson is offline

Default disregard the Outlook dialog box sending task/eMail from Excel 2003

Hi
This cannot be got around within VBA I think. The virus risk is to
great to allow outlook items to be sent without verification. I think
it can be done using a library that is not part of the standard
Outlook installation. I forget what that is called though - try the
Outlook group

microsoft.public.outlook.program_VBA

in Google and search on "sending email without warning messages" or
some such.

regards
Paul

(jC!) wrote in message . com...
hi all,

currently i am creating a macro in Excel 2003 which will create an
Outlook Task which is assigned and send to the recipient. the issue is
that Outlook 2003 displays a dialog box asking if this access is
allowed. my question is it at all possible to have this dialog box
either suppressed or have it automatically acknowledged by line of
code.

the code so far:
Sub CreateTask()

Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
Dim olTsk As TaskItem
Dim objRecipient As Outlook.Recipient

Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
Set olTsk = olApp.CreateItem(olTaskItem)

With olTsk
.Assign
Set objRecipient = ")
.Subject = "Test Task1"
'.Status = olTaskInProgress
.Importance = olImportanceHigh
.DueDate = DateValue("06/26/03")
.TotalWork = 40
.ActualWork = 20
.Save
.Send
End With

Set olTsk = Nothing
Set olApp = Nothing

End Sub

any help is mostly appreciated - cheers....

....jurgenC!