Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryan ryan is offline

Default Data type problem - ODBC Excel '97-2000 Driver

I'm writing a program in VC++ to interface with an excel
document and extract the elements I need.

I'm using CRecordset and storing the cell value in a
CDBVariant object.

My problem is that I want to treat everything in the excel
document as strings including any numeric data. Is there
a way to do this?

I guess the question boils down to whether one can have
mixed data types in an excel column and have a recordset
access that column and be able to read the different data
types dynamically.

Thanks to anyone with any suggestions...
--ryan