Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Formulas Still Not Working

"not working" means what? Wrong answer? Nothing? Error?

I tested my own and Isabelle's formulas on your sample data.

Return all the values you ask for in your 3 scenarios

1000, 1000, 3000

In your first post you showed your data in columns F, G and H

I based my formula on that sample.

Where is your data? Use a range when posting back.

By range I mean A2:C20 or F2:H10 or similar.

We are assuming you have a header row for titles.

Gord

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 11:08:35 -0800 (PST), Michelle
wrote:

I am so sorry to bother everyone, but would love it if someone could
contunie to help me with these formulas. I made the initial inquiry
below, and Isaeblle provided me with formulas (so appreciate the
help), but they are not working in my spreadsheet. I am not an excel
person at all - a coworker was terminated, and my boss has asked me to
help her put calcuations into a spreadsheet that is due to accounting
this afternoon. I was referred to this site as a possible solution. I
am using Excel 07.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20="Open - Active")*(B2:B20<"Gvt
Invest")*(C2:C120))

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20="Open - Active")*(B2:B20="Gvt
Invest")*(C2:C120))

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20="Open - Probable")*(C2:C120))

See example and explanation below:

STATUS NAT OF CASE RSV

Open - Active EEOC 1000
Open - Probable EEOC 1000
Open - Active GVT Invest 1000
Open - Probable Gvt Invest 2000

How do I create formulas that will capture the subtotals totals for J
for:

Open - Active (Non - Government Investigations): Total all in
spreadsheet that are Open - Active but not classified as Gvt invest.
Total should equal 1000

Open - Active (Government Investigations): Total all in spreadsheet
that are Open - Active but classified as Gvt invest. only. Total
should equal 1000

Open - Probable: Totals all in spreadsheet that are Open - Probable.
Total should equal 3000