Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Grant Reid Grant Reid is offline

Default How do I approach this?

Hi

OK, perhaps I wasn't very clear. I'll try again ;-)

The workbook is intended to be used by DBA's when they visit clients for DBA
services. It hooks into their data servers retrieving data from the system
tables.

One of the requirements from our clients is that we provide them with
projected growth of their databases so that pro-active measures can be
taken. The only way this can be done is to have a baseline/initial
measurement in Q2 that you can compare the more recent data in Q1 against.

Q2 contains the baseline/initial values. I will only ever query Q2 once.

Q1 will query the data server on a regular basis. Over time new databases
will be added and some will be dropped. This will be reflected in Q1.

So......

[a] If a database is dropped it will not show up in Q1. It is no longer
required in Q2 for projection purposes and should be programatically removed
from Q2.

[b] If a new database is added it will show up in Q1. It does not exist in
Q2 and therefore it must be programatically added to Q2.

Hope this clears thing up a little.

Regards - Grant