Carole O

Jim -

Try Tools, Options, Edit and see if Fixed Decimal and Places is the default.

HTH,

Carole O

"jimcrowl" wrote:

e are using new computers with a newer version of excel---our existing
programs work fine, except we cannot control number formatting from either
the format cell box or the taskbar decimal control. We simply want to kill
the decimal places, but it will not allow this. Also when you click on the
format cell option you have to do so 3-6 times as it keeps going to the font
subscreen rather than the main screen. Otherwise the program works fine and
displays everything designed in an earlier version of Excell without problems