Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Colin Foster[_2_] Colin Foster[_2_] is offline

Default Macro to insert column

Hello,
I have a worksheet which records special prices for certain customers, all
other customers using a fixed price on the main worksheet within the
workbook.

If a customer now needs to be included in those with the special price, then
their details have to be included in the Special Prices sheet.

The way that I do this at present is to inseert a column, add in some
references to ensure that they are included in the various lookup tables and
then input their specific information.

I now want someone else to be able to do this for me, so need to automate
the insertion of the columns and setting up of the references for the
lookups. I have been able to do this via a macro, however, there is one part
that I am having a problem with and that is the insertion of the column. If
I record the macro, then it lets me insert in (say) column "P", however,
next time I will want this to be column "Q". Is there a way of getting Excel
to either prompt for a column reference (in a similar way to a parameter
query in Access), or is there an easy way to find the last used column and
then move back one before inserting?

Regards
Colin Foster