Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Leslie Barberie Leslie Barberie is offline

Default Macro working in Excel 2003; not working in Excel 2000

Ed

Thank you for your response. I figured it out. The Excel 2000 computer automatically disabled the macro

Leslie Barberi
----- Ed wrote: ----

How are you developing this? Are you just using the Excel 2003 to write th
code, then copying the code into an existing 2000 workbook? Or are yo
saving the 2003 workbook and opening it with 2000? If the latter, chec
your library references to see if you are missing any

"Leslie Barberie" wrote in messag
..
Can someone help me figure out why this macro works in Excel 2003 and no

in Excel 2000
I developed these worksheets on my computer which has Excel 2003. The

need to run on another computer that uses Excel 2000
I'll appreciate any help I can get on this. The sooner, the better
Private Sub Workbook_Open(

' Documented: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.ht
' Insert Rows -- 1997/09/24 Mark Hill 'Dim vRows As Intege
' row selection based on active cell -- rev. 2000-09-02 David McRitchi
Cells(65536, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).EntireRow.Selec
' ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select 'So you do not have to preselect entir

vRows =
' If vRows < 1 The

' vRows = Application.InputBox(prompt:=
' "How many rows do you want to add?", Title:="Add Rows",
' Default:=1, Type:=1) 'type 1 is numbe
' If vRows = False Then Exit Su
' End I
'if you just want to add cells and not entire row

'then delete ".EntireRow" in the following lin
'rev. 2001-01-17 Gary L. Brown, programming, Grouped sheet

Dim sht As Worksheet, shts() As String, i As Intege
ReDim shts(1 To Worksheets.Application.ActiveWorkbook.
Windows(1).SelectedSheets.Count
i =
For Each sht In
Application.ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).SelectedShee t
Sheets(sht.Name).Selec
i = i +
shts(i) = sht.Nam
Selection.Resize(rowsize:=2).Rows(2).EntireRow.

Resize(rowsize:=vRows).Insert Shift:=xlDow
Selection.AutoFill Selection.Resize(

rowsize:=vRows + 1), xlFillDefaul
On Error Resume Next 'to handle no constants in range -- John McKe

2000/02/0
' to remove the non-formulas -- 1998/03/11 Bill Manvill
Selection.Offset(1).Resize(vRows).EntireRow.
SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContent
Next sh
Worksheets(shts).Selec
End Su