Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default Excel and Video?

Hi Ross,

Ross wrote:
Is it possible to play and control a video file, (m-peg, .avi) in
excel? - what control would be needed - what ref lib?

Not sure if you can do it on a Worksheet. You could use ShellExecute
(search google for help on it) to launch the default media player and play a
movie. On a UserForm, you could try right-clicking the controls toolbox and
selecting Additional Controls. I had one on my machine named "Windows Media
Player". Once you put it on the form, you can double-click the Custom
property and set the filename/URL and other things.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com