Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Area chart with X-Y chart characteristics?

Hi Don,

The Area chart x axis is normally a category axis.
However you can change the axis to be a Time-Scale, which depending on
your data values, will give you scaled spacing.

Cheers
Andy

Don Wiss wrote:

I have a chart with a single line that sometimes only has a few data
points. The X values are not always evenly spaced. An X-Y chart will get
the X-axis properly scaled, but I like the solid color below the line as
done in an area chart. Can I get both at the same time?

I also notice that an X-Y chart takes the X-axis beyond the highest value.
The area chart automatically stopped at the last point. I assume I can use
this:

ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).MaximumScale = [the x-value of my last point]

but is there an automatic way?

Thanks, Don <donwiss at panix.com.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel