Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Determining Column to Use

I'm not sure if that answers my question. I'm trying to discover what column to use, as the activecolumn will not the be the correct column. Instead I want to insert data into whichever column currently has the heading of, for example, "Name". So, I guess the idea is to figure out which column in row2, had the value of "Name" and then assign that column to a variable to be used throughout my code. I imagine this could be done using find, but I'm not certain how. Or maybe there are other ways

----- Frank Kabel wrote: ----

Hi Da
use something lik
cells(4,activecell.column).value="some value

-
Regard
Frank Kabe
Frankfurt, German

Dan wrote
I'm trying to avoid referencing specific columns in the VBA code fo
one of my documents, in case columns are added and whatnot. With on
of my bits of code, which adds the current date/time into th
currently selected cell, I am using this: I
Rows("2").Columns(ActiveCell.Column).Value = "Out" Or
Rows("2").Columns(ActiveCell.Column).Value = "Back" Then initialvar
"DD
I'm using similar code throughout, so that different things are don

depending on what column the VBA code is being activated in
Now, my question is, is there a way to take a similar approach t

adding information to cells in certain columns, using the header ro
to determine which column to insert the data? With this code, fo
ex
Rows("4").Columns("A").Value = New1.TxtNum.Tex
Rows("4").Columns("B").Value = New1.TxtName.Tex
Could I replace ("A") and ("B") with "whatever column has the heade

of 'Number'" and "whatever column has the header of 'Name'"
Thank