Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Linda Linda is offline

Default V-Lookup question?

If your drop down list is coming from "Data Validation",
you could produce your list (in Column A) on another
sheet (Sheet1) and set it up as a table. The value in
the next column (Column B) would be the one you want
assigned when the item is picked from the list. Add
a "Vlookup" formula in cell B10 that you want populated
with the data from the second column. For example:
A B
1 Apple 10
2 Pear 7
3 Peach 6
4 Orange 8

Give the list in column A a "Name" (Insert, Name,
Define). When you set your data validation on cell B10,
paste the list name into the list box. Write your
Vlookup formula in Cell A10 (=vlookup(B10,Sheet1!
$A$1:$B$4,2,false).

Hope this helps. I'm sure there are other ideas out
there, too.

Linda