Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba
Howard Kaikow Howard Kaikow is offline

Default VBA Code Security

If you intend to get VB 6, better do it sooner, rather than later.
As legit copies are likely still available from certain vendors.

I would not trust buying a pre-owned copy.

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
"TJ Walls" wrote in message
pam.com...
Hi Howard,

Thanks for the links ... it never even occured to me that VB6 would no
longer be sold by Microsoft. I'm almost finished created the product I
want so soon I will be looking into this. I started this whole mess as a
small learning project for me and I'm learning more about VB than I ever
bargained for ...

-TJ

On Sat, 15 May 2004 07:05:35 -0400, Howard Kaikow wrote:

You would need to purchase VB 6 or Visual Studio 6.
Neither is sold by Microsoft, so there are few vendors still carrying

legit
copies of VB 6.
Recently, both www.atomicpark.com and www.vbxtras.com were still selling

VB
B6.

You would then re-organize your code to move as much as possible into

VB,
using automation from VB to do any needed VBA.
The Excel workbook would then have a minimal amount of code to:

1. Instantiate the class in the DLL.
2. Use a stub that calls into the DLL, where the rest of the code runs.
3. Have wrapper functions for any functions that need to be used in a
spreadsheet.

You would either compile the code with a reference to the earliest

version
of Excel you wish to support, or you would use late binding. The latter

is
both slower than the former and makes coding more difficult.