Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CST[_2_] CST[_2_] is offline

Default Automate PDF file creation in Excel code

Ray,

Office automation is an UGLY thing, especially when you want to
automate something in "unattended mode." This is highly frowned upon
and is not supported by M$. If you need to automate this task you
might want to try a third-party tool such as Neevia Document Converter
or Convert Zone XlsToPDF. If you cannot afford to purchase such
products (they are rather cheap), you would probably have to create a
macro in Excel to do the conversion or create some type of vb
application that will do the conversion for you. Hopefully this will
provide some insight.

HTH

"Ray" wrote in message ...
We would like to automate the PDF file creation process in
code. We have Office XP and Acrobat-6.

The reason we need this is that we have a laboratory
computer system that produces Excel reports we currently
either email or send to the customer. We need to start
posting these on our Web site in a format they can read
over the Web.

Any help in automating this process would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Ray Collins
Westport Technology Center