Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron van Oijen Ron van Oijen is offline

Default Copy & Paste Hyperlink address into cell

Hi Team!

I would like to thank David McRitchie, Frank Kabel and Ron de Bruin for the
generous help they gave me for solving my hyperlink problem. Because I'm a
novice to VBA, I lacked just about every knowledge about how to tackle this
little problem. But I'm learning...

After David sent me his solution in the form of a UDF, I even thought that
perhaps I would have to adapt this solution to my own situation. So I
started doing some reading about what I would be supposed to change in the
code. Perhaps some words would require translation, or perhaps the cell
referencing mode might have to be adjusted. But the code didn't contain any
existing function names, so I thought that there would probably be no
translation problem. And then suddenly I realised that a function really
must be a flexible piece of code that shouldn't require any further
modification. After all, I don't have to modify any of the regular Excel
functions either! They're supposed to work unconditionally. So then I went
on to make my first UDF using the VBA editor. I simply copied & pasted the
whole text into the editor sheet and saved it. Then I went for the Insert
Function button, and there it was: the HyperlinkAddress UDF. And did it
work!

I hope that some day I can do something in return. But that will require a
lot of study, I guess.

Thanks, guys!

Ron van Oijen,
Groningen, The Netherlands.

"David McRitchie" schreef in bericht
Hi Ron,
I guess this what I was thinking of but I think you'll hear from Ron de

Bruin,
he's a regular in these newsgroups..

MS Excel: Analysis ToolPak Translator 7.0
http://www.acoustics-noise.com/ATPtranslator.shtml

Eric Desart with Jurgen aka KeepItCool, Ron de Bruin, Laurent Longre,
Jan Karel Pieterse, Roland Greve

I think it is based on Ron's material on John Walkenbach's site.
Help Context IDs
---
HTH,

"Ron van Oijen" wrote ...

The MS Office version that I use is the Dutch version, so translation of
function names or reserved words will be an issue.Can you tell me how I

can
contact Ron de Bruin, if I need to?

Thanks again for the support!

Ron van Oijen