Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Mogy Richard Mogy is offline

Default Text file open and close VBA

And how is freefile populated?
wrote in message
Hi

Sorry I wrongly pasted my code actual code will be like
this

FOLLOWING PART WORK FINE

Open sXferFile For input As #1
While Not EOF(1)
Line Input #1, stemp
sFileName = stemp
Line Input #1, stemp
sProcessDate = stemp
Wend
close #1

AFTER CLOSE, WHEN I OPEN FOR OUTPUT I GOT ERROR

sfnum = freefile
Open sXferFile For Output As #sFnum
write #sfnum, "Over"
close #sfnum

I KNOW IF I OPEN EXISTING FILE FOR OUTPUT, THAT WILL
DELETE AND RECREATE THAT IS FINE, BUT IT IS NOT BEHAVING
LIKE THAT, SIMPLY GIVE ERROR Path/file error

THANKS
KALYAN