Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default When do you need .Value?

That Dick's
illustrations above do not provide a definitive test (I'm not sure what
does), consider that Range("A1")(1) = Range("A1").Item(1) also returns

True.

Okay, that blows a big hole in my theory. Since I never use that syntax, my
brain must have gotten into a rut which excluded Item as a default property
(of course I use that syntax with Cells, just not Range). Clearly Item is
the default property. But I can't get past the fact that Value is too.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel