Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default When do you need .Value?

Had a hard time finding this...

Default Property/Methods for Objects in Visual Basic
http://support.microsoft.com/default...57&Product=xlw

Hmmm. Now I'm confused. Maybe since Range is an atypical object (both an
object and a collection) the Value and Item are both default properties (the
help you quoted notwithstanding). And the existence of arguments determines
which one is used.

But then the Item property for Range doesn't work like other Item
properties. You can't get a subscript error with Range.Item like most
(all?) other collections. It's probably just incorrect of me to think of
Range as a collection.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel