Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Annelie[_5_] Annelie[_5_] is offline

Default macro with variable rows

Thanks to both of you, however, I took Chris' one liner and it did the job
for me.
Thanks, Annelie

"Annelie" wrote in message
I am working with a table which was exported from Quickbooks and I am

trying
to prepare it using a macro and then copy it into an access table.

The columns for the data are always the same, the go from A to J, but the
number of rows vary.
A is blank, because I need this blank field for the autonumber field in
access.
I do not know much about macros, so I so I use the build in record the

macro
using relative addresses. But somehow, excel always puts some absolute
address into it.

Windows("gltrans.xls").Activate
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlNormal
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlNormal
Range("B1:B2").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
Columns("E:E").Select
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("E1"),
DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _
FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), Array(4, 9)),
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
Columns("F:F").Select
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("F1"),
DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _
FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), Array(4, 9)),
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
Range("B2").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Selection.End(xlToRight).Select

This macro stops at J2663 - which this week it the last cell
How do I highlight the A2 to J2663 without putting any relative addresses

in
it.
Annelie