Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Unique Items in Drp-down List

Hi Chris
no problem :-)
this formula works for me. One idea: You also use an english Excel
version and you also use the coma (and not the semicolon) as
separator?.
If this is not the problem you may email me your file and I'll insert
the formula for you:
email: frank[dot]kabel[at]freenet[dot]de

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Chris Hankin wrote:
Hello Frank,

I am sorry about this going back & forth over this Excel problem, but
I am a newbie - so please do not be upset - I am trying to learn as
best I can.

In cell E3 I entered =D3.

I selected cell E4 and then entered in your formula:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(0,COUNTIF($E$3:$E3,$D$3:$D$1000),0) ),"",INDEX($D$3:$D$10
0
0,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($E$3:$E3,$D$3:$D$1000),0)))

in the formula bar. I then pressed Ctrl+Shift+Enter as it is an array
formula.

Excel warns me that there is an error in the formula.

I read the Excel help section on entering array formulas and got
nowhere.

Am I doing the right thing?

Kind regards,

Chris.