Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Macro to hide Columns

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I didn't want to go into too much detail and bore
everyone - so here's another attempt to explain what I'm trying to do.

At work we have an excel file which is used to show information about
future plays we are going to put on.

Each column represents a different play with the rows containing data about
these plays i.e. play name, director, designer, venue etc

We have 3 different venues at work (Venue 1, Venue 2, Venue 3) and some
people who use the chart are only interested in plays which are taking place
in one of the venues - so I need a macro which will hide all columns where
the venue = Venue 2 or Venue 3 thus leaving all the plays which will happen
in Venue 1 (plus 2 other macros for the other venues, but I'm guessing I can
just copy the macro and alter the appropriate words)

Just to complicate things the venue cell could contain the respective words
as part of a sentance

And yet another complication is that first and last column in the table are
used for the row title, the first row is fine as it will allways be column A but
the table is updated each week and regularly has columns added and
removed

Hope that this makes sense

Many Thanks

Andy