Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SmilingPolitely SmilingPolitely is offline

Default Stopwatch/Clock

To start you off, try something like:

Option Explicit
Dim ClockRunning As Boolean

Sub StartClock()
ClockRunning = True
ControlClock
End Sub

Sub StopClock()
ClockRunning = False
End Sub

Sub ControlClock()
If ClockRunning = True Then
Range("A1") = Format(Now, "hh:mm:ss")
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:01"), "ControlClock"

To start the clock, just run the StartClock macro, and the StopClock
macro to stop the code.

You can expand the functionality from here to do all sorts of funky things

Hope this helps.

Scott

Easty wrote:

I want to display the time in a worksheet but want it to update automatically like a clock.

It is to be used like a clock at a football game - any ideas.

I have done it by using a macro to paste the time the game starts in a cell and then use Now()-start time to give elapsed time.

I then have a macro to f9

I'm sure it can be done automaticly every second but don't know how.

Any ideas?