Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default PrintToFile param - what's the file format?

"jstrater" wrote in message
I tried using the PrintToFile parameter in the Worksheet.PrintOut method

and I get files, but I can't seem to open them. Is this a weird printer
format, or should I be seeing a workbook file here?

Hi James,

When you print to file you get a file that is formatted in whatever
codes your printer understands. It's not meant to be human-readable. It's
generally used when you don't have a direct connection to a specific
printer. You can load the printer driver for that printer, print to file,
then stick the file on a floppy disk, take it to a machine that's connected
to that printer and send the file to the printer from the command line.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals