Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jstrater jstrater is offline

Default Unprotecting the VBProject

Thanks for the prompt, definitive response

That really sucks. Do you know what the rationale is for that rule

This is a bummer because I'm required to protect the project with a password, but I have been relying on the .CodeName property of the sheets in various places (I create a kind of custom sheet property with a prefix in the .CodeName). I suppose I could come up with another mechanism for storing that custom sheet property, like a name. And then let the .CodeName be however it defaults. It's still a bummer that I can't control the .CodeName, I like to have everything neat and organized. Oh well

Thanks again

James