Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locking a cell with a formula BUT.....

Sometimes when I want to get user input to allow overriding of a calculated
value, I'll use a couple of helper columns.

Say column A contains the formula (locked and not changeable)
Column B can contain the manual override (if necessary)
Column C can contain a formula that decides which value to use:

=if(b1<"",b1,a1)

Then I use column C for the rest of the calculations.

Bob wrote:

Is there a means of locking a formula within a cell but,
if another cells sum is not equal to 0 (zero) allow then a
a manual input value (in the cell with the locked formula)
but without deleting that formula?

--

Dave Peterson