Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Sheet Recalculation when using VB functions??

Hi
sorry I misunderstood you:
One way: include the cells which are used in your function as
parameter. This way Excel knows when to re-calculate yourt function

Another way: add the line
application.volatile at the beginning of your function. This way your
function is re-calculated everytime Excel re-calculates

I would try to use the first way

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Bill Buckner" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Frank,

The function I wrote is used in a lot of cells. Will putting

application.calculate in the function cause the entire workbook to be
recalculated or only the cell in qquestion and any based upon it? I
probably have a few hundred cells which use one of my functions. If it
causes the whole workbook to get recalculated every time it is called,
this calculation could last forever....

Can you explain the rules that govern when and why cells are

recalculated when custom functions are involved?