Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Buckner Bill Buckner is offline

Default Sheet Recalculation when using VB functions??

In an effort to simplify my spreadsheet, I took some of the more ornerous cell formulas and converted them to VB. In the VB function I make heavy use of the Range("xxx").Value to actualy retrieve certain cell contents

For instance
year(Range("Birth_Date_Spouse").Value

My problem is now I have to hit <ctrl<alt<F9 in order to have the worksheet recalculate. If I change a cell which is referenced by "Range" in my VB function, cells depending upon the function do not automatically recalculate. I have the calculation set to "automatic" in the options

Any ideas?