Ron de Bruin

Hi Harlan

Thanks for your reply (always useful)
The OP have things to do<g

I will check out the latest version of Pull this weekend.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message oups.com...
Ron de Bruin wrote...
Hi steve

I reply with this

Why don't you use links ?

Maybe this will help
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

Fair question if OP is just pulling summary data that would become
effectively static/archived data.

However, macros are unnecessary in general, and yours requires
re-editing on every use unless all parameters are exactly the same. And
it only handles a single worksheet in each file.

Easier to construct links entirely in worksheets. For example, if
there's a full directory path in a cell named PATH, a list of workbooks
within that directory in a range named WBList, a list of common
worksheet names in a range named WSList, and a list of addresses for
ranges to sum in each of these worksheets in a range named RAList, then
create the needed formulas starting in A1 of another worksheet first by
creating string formulas that evaluate to the needed formulas.

A1:
="=SUM('"&Path&"\["
&INDEX(WBList,1+INT((ROWS(A$1:A1)-1)/(ROWS(WSList)*ROWS(RAList))))
&"]"&INDEX(WSList,1+MOD(INT((ROWS(A$1:A1)-1)/ROWS(RAList)),ROWS(WSList)))
&"'!"&INDEX(RAList,1+MOD(ROWS(A$1:A1)-1,ROWS(RAList)))&")"

Fill A1 down until it returns #REF! errors, copy the non-error values
in col A, paste special as values into another column, then with the
pasted range still selected run Edit Replace and replace = with =.

This is easily adapted for multiple directories, different or multiple
function calls, etc.

As for my PULL function, the latest version is at

ftp://members.aol.com/hrlngrv/pull.zip

It works for me, but it's not the best approach for this.