Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Default Multiplying matrices in VBA

You're welcome. Help for LINEST has mislead many a user into
undestimating its capabilities.

You can use TRANSPOSE(LINEST()) to get the coefficients in a column. sas

Jerry

Mark Schreiber wrote:

Jerry,
Thanks for the tip. I did not realize you could use LINEST to get the

coefficients for a polynomial by writing the formula using an array of

exponents {=LINEST(y's, x's^{1,2,3})}. I thought it was strictly a

linear regression tool. Not trying to reinvent the wheel, just do

something with a little finesse. Along the way, I did discover that

you can't put the output array of coefficients from LINEST into a

column; they have to be entered into a row since they are just the

first row of the more complete statistical results array. Thanks for

your excellent help.