Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Version compability of classes?

"aGraham" wrote in message
sorry took so long to respond, forgot to check this group....

They work fine as long as the file was saved in excel 2000, as soon as
the file is saved by XP the events do not get handled in 2000.

I can't reproduce this problem with any Excel objects using the
computers on my network. What is the object whose events you are trying to
trap?

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"aGraham" wrote in message
sorry took so long to respond, forgot to check this group....

They work fine as long as the file was saved in excel 2000, as soon as
the file is saved by XP the events do not get handled in 2000.

In article ,
"Rob Bovey" wrote:

A WithEvents class in general should work fine in Excel 2000. What
object's events are you trying to sink with your class?

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals
http://www.appspro.com/

"aGraham" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has a class that uses the withEvents

keyword.
It seems that if I compile & save the file in Excel 2000, it will work
in Excel XP, but If I compile & save the file in Excel XP then the
events never get called when the spreadsheet is used in Excel 2000.

It
seems that the code generated in XP is not compatible with 2000. Has
anyone else seen this?

--
o_o_o_o
|ŻŻŻL --O|||||||O-