Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bruce forster bruce forster is offline

Default password protection

I know it is difficult to protect programs in excel but I would like to know if there is a way to put code in the Workbook start up module that would require a different password every 6 months to open. I thought I could have maybe 20 passwords, one for every 6 months, that would cover me for 10 years

Maybe an if Now is past a particular date require a password. Then the code would run the clock again until another 6 months expires

Any suggestions would be great

Please provide detailed code as i am a newbie