Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Summing Proglem

Works fine for me.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Troy" wrote in message
I have a userform with the following line:
Totals.Caption = PageCount() & " Pages Indexed"

This calls up a function with the following:
Function PageCount()
Dim Sht As Worksheet
Dim Rng As Range
PageCount = 0
For Each Sht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
On Error Resume Next
If Sht.Visible = True Then
Set Rng = Sht.Range("Page_Totals")
Total = Application.Sum(Rng)
End If
PageCount = PageCount + Total
Next Sht
End Function

The Range 'Rng' consists of 9 individual cells.

Every worksheet has the same layout and same range name. I have a macro

that copies a master worksheet and renames it. The number of worksheets can
and will vary.

My Problem:

This works except that it calculates one of the worksheets twice. So

instead of getting 1200 + 800 = 2000, I am getting 1200 + 800 + 800 = 2800.

I know I am missing something. Programming VBA is a lot like trying to

find Waldo. The answer is right there in front of you but damned if I cant
see it...LOL

Any and all help will be enthusiastically blessed.