Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cecilkumara Fernando[_2_] Cecilkumara Fernando[_2_] is offline

Default My movie list

Andrew,
for the last part
change this
* ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = Format(ansD, "dd/mm/yy")

to this
With ActiveCell
..FormulaR1C1 = CDate(ansD)
..NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yy;@"
End With

HTH
Cecil
"Andrew" wrote in message
cliped
Finally, and this is the one that's been knocking me out trying to fix it.
How do I add the purchase date to an InputBox, and have it formatted as
"dd/mm/yy"? It always adds it as "mm/dd/yy" I've copied a sample of the
code I'm using, and marked the problem area with '*'. I've tried setting
the date as a string, & MovDate as Date, but I can't seem to set the

format.

' Date of purchase

YesNo = MsgBox("Did you purchase the movie today?", vbYesNo, "Andrew's
Movie List - Date of Purchase")
Select Case YesNo
Case vbYes
Range("D2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = Format(Date, "dd/mm/yy")
* Case vbNo
* Range("D2").Select
* ansD = InputBox("When did you purchase the movie? -

dd/mm/yy",
"Andrew's Movie List - Date of Purchase")
* ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = Format(ansD, "dd/mm/yy")

End Select