Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DPK DPK is offline

Default stopping macro

I have a procedure macro that calls a dialog box. After
parameters are input, the user clicks an "Ok" button and
the macro runs. At times the procedure can take a very
long time to run. Is there a way to allow the user to
break the macro and not wait until it finishes? I have
only been able to use [CTRL][ALT][DEL] and end Excel, but
obviously that is not a very good solution. I have tried
to use the [ESC] key, but it just ignores the key press.
Maybe a status dialog box with a cancel button? Anyone
used anything they feel works well?

Thanks in advance,
Dave