Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default creating Excel with text

No, a text file doesn't hold all the detail about formatting. That is partly
why Excel files are much bigger than text files, it contains that formatting
data within it.

There is a Rich Text Format file type (RTF), which holds some formatting
details when opened in Word, but I haven't tried opening one of those in
Excel, but it won't do what you want.

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips
"kotayya" wrote in message
Hi

Where can I get information about creating an Excel file with a text file.

I want to create a text file with formatting and all the data and open it
with Excel. Is it possible. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you