Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Add field to jet database table in ADO

Hi Michael,

Check out the help topic on the ALTER TABLE statement in the Access help
file. The syntax for adding a new column to a table is the following:

ALTER TABLE MyTable ADD COLUMN MyColumn Number

Run this SQL statement against your database using ADO and it will add a
column to the table.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Michael Malinsky" wrote in message
I've been working through some code on the MS KB on how to use ADO to

create
and manipulate a jet database. I understand how to create a new table,

but
what I can't seem to find is a bit of code to add a new field to an

existing
table. Any help is appreciated.

TIA
--
Michael J. Malinsky
Pittsburgh, PA

"I am a bear of very little brain, and long
words bother me." -- AA Milne, Winne the Pooh