Jim Cone

Pat,

If all else fails read the directions <g

'Below is my current version of the code.
'NOTE: "AppFile" uses the full file path.
'I just dialed "Time" without a problem.

'Jim Cone

'---------------------------------------------
Sub CellToDialer() 'John Walkenbach
' Transfers active cell contents to Dialer
' And then dials the phone
' Modified by Jim Cone on Jan 18, 2002
' Changed AppFile path on Apr 19, 2003

Dim CellContents As String
Dim AppName As String
Dim AppFile As String
Dim TaskID As Variant

' Get the phone number
CellContents = ActiveCell.Value
If Len(CellContents) < 7 Then
MsgBox "Select a cell that contains a phone number.", _
vbInformation
Exit Sub
End If
' Activate (or start) Dialer
AppName = "Dialer"
' USE THE FULL FILE PATH
' AppFile = "C:\Program Files\Windows NT\dialer.exe"
AppFile = "C:\Old Telephone Dialer\dialer.exe"
On Error Resume Next
' This activates the dialer if it is showing on the desktop
AppActivate (AppName)
If Err.Number < 0 Then
Err = 0
' This activates the dialer by opening(running) the file
TaskID = Shell(AppFile, vbNormalFocus)
If Err < 0 Then
MsgBox "Can't start " & AppFile, vbExclamation
Exit Sub

' Transfer cell contents to Dialer
Application.SendKeys "%n" & CellContents, True

' Click Dial button
Application.SendKeys "%d"
' Application.SendKeys "{TAB}~", True

' Selects the next telephone number in the column.
ActiveCell(2, 1).Select
' The macro button must now be clicked twice to dial the next
' number in the column.
End Sub
'--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pat" wrote in message
Hi Jim,

I copied the files and run the code. The dialer loaded ok but excel did not
fill in the phone number. I have tried entering the phone number directly
and the dialer dials the number ok.

The code I am using is as follows:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
' Transfers active cell contents to Dialer
' And then dials the phone

' Get the phone number
' mc = Application.Choose(ActiveCell.Column, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0)
'ActiveCell.Offset(0, mc).Select
CellContents = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "AB").Value
If CellContents = "" Then
MsgBox "Select a cell that contains a phone number."
Exit Sub
End If
' Activate (or start) Dialer
Appname = "Dialer"
AppFile = "Dialer.exe"
On Error Resume Next
AppActivate (Appname)
If Err < 0 Then
Err = 0
TaskID = Shell(AppFile, 1)
If Err < 0 Then MsgBox "Can't start " & AppFile
End If

' Transfer cell contents to Dialer
Application.SendKeys "%n" & CellContents, True

' Click Dial button
Application.SendKeys "%d"
' Application.SendKeys "{TAB}~", True
End Sub

You will see I have modified the code slightly in the past.
Pat

- snip -